Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace (Arch Ready Spring 2019)
Date: February 13, 2019
Time: 5:00 pm until 6:00 pm
Location: Miller Learning Center, Room 101
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Recognize what identity is and how it can influence the challenges associated with discussing identity in the workplace
- Identify aspects of an inclusive work environment and the impact of an exclusive workspace
- Know various strategies and resources for addressing diversity related issues in the workplace
- Understand the benefits and challenges of employer & employee privilege
- Recognize and identify generational differences within the workplace
Pre-registration is NOT required
This event will be led by Edgar Butler, State Farm Human Resources Recruiter.
Recommended dress for this event: Casual
For more information, please contact the UGA Career Center at 706-542-3375.
This event is sponsored by the University of Georgia Career Center
*Unless otherwise noted, all University of Georgia Career Center events are for University of Georgia students and University of Georgia alumni only. Some employer information sessions are conducted by invitation only. Before attending an employer information session, please check the event details in Handshake to determine any attendance eligibility requirements.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at (706) 542-3375 prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.