Employer Day of Service
The Employer Day of Service is an opportunity for you to partner with UGA students and the Career Center to give back to the community, network with students, and demonstrate your company’s values and culture. Since many organizations already schedule community service days throughout the year, we encourage you to simply invite UGA students to participate along with you and your team. We hope this event will allow you to build relationships with students through a shared interest in helping the community.
How it works: The employer will invite/include UGA students to an existing, company-sponsored community service day during the year. The UGA Career Center will help advertise your day of service through the following ways.
- Career Center Weekly E-mail
- Targeted e-mails to specific majors or student organizations
- Handshake Volunteer Posting (Employer is responsible for posting at www.hireUGA.com)
How to get started:
- Contact Aaron Brown at email@example.com to discuss your plan.
- Identify a day of community service at your organization. Scheduling a day during a school break or weekend may be preferred for maximum student participation, but is not required. (You may want to check the UGA Academic Calendar)
- Post your community service day on Handshake at www.hireUGA.com. You will simply “Post a Job” and select the Job Type as “Volunteer” (The Career Center will help promote this!)
- Communicate the details of the day to the students prior to the date in regards to location, date, time, how to dress, what to bring (water bottle, sunscreen, proper clothing, etc.)
- Make sure to take pictures and send to us so that we can post to social media!