When learning about career options and exploring different paths, students will benefit immensely from conducting research on employers of interest. This may be accomplished through several different methods:
- Conduct informational interviews with professionals in your field of interest.
- Study company websites to learn more about the organization’s values, work environment, products, and career opportunities.
- Company websites may also have information on internships or the application process.
- Some companies have pages listing information about their staff, which can tell you about the career paths of their professionals and provide clues about what positions may be available.
- Utilize LinkedIn
- Access Career Insider powered by the Vault
For additional ideas, check out the Career Center’s research tips for exploring majors and careers.