Alumni Career Services
Alumni Career Services – Job Search Boot Camp
The University of Georgia now offers a free 4-week course for all UGA alumni to assist them in their job search. Tips and strategies in this course will help alumni understand what employers in today's market are looking for in their new hires. You will receive weekly emails with accountability goals and opportunities for continued career and professional development.
The workbook includes links to samples, expert advice, and thought-provoking exercises.
What you'll learn
- Explore your interests, personality type, and skills to make informed career choices
- Discover new and potential career possibilities
- Implement current top job search strategies to expedite the job search process
- Gain an understanding of what employers look for on your resume and cover letter
- Understand why networking is an essential part of any job search
- Grow your network with tools on LinkedIn and connect with fellow UGA Bulldogs
- Learn the art of interviewing and how to answer difficult questions
- Negotiate like a pro with tips and resources on how to get paid what you're worth
- Printer (helpful)
- 4-6 hours per week