Alumni Career Resources
The UGA Career Center and UGA Alumni Association are partners in providing resources to help alumni Get Connected!
Schedule an Appointment
When you are at a crossroad, it can help to talk with your Alumni Career Counselor, Bethany Bagley. Alumni have access to FREE career counseling! Appointments generally fit into one of these three areas, but will vary depending on your needs.
Clarity & Direction
Not sure what you want to do next? We can go over your career assessment results together and discuss your plans for the future.
Not hearing back from job applications? Maybe it’s time to have your resume critiqued or practice those interviewing skills.
Not sure if your networking is effective or how to reach the right person? Let’s discuss your strategy to make sure you are making the most of your contacts and resources.
Career Counseling Appointments are available Monday-Friday between 9am-3pm.
To schedule an appointment, follow these 3 steps:
1. Register with DAWGlink. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, graduating class year and degree. Include your former UGA email address and a current non-UGA email
address. Within 24 hours, you will receive an email with instructions on how to update your DAWGlink password.
2. Make your appointment ONLINE through DAWGlink.
Additional Notes Section: Make sure to include your major/degree, graduation year, phone number, email address, and brief reason for the appointment.
If a PHONE appointment, please write “PHONE” on the first line in the "Notes" section. See the example below:
Approval: Your appointment is “pending” until approval from your counselor. Once approved, you will receive an email of your confirmed appointment day and time.
3. Upload your resume into the “Documents” tab in your DAWGlink account in order to prepare for the meeting.
Should you have any issues requesting an alumni counseling appointment, please call the UGA Career Center front desk (706) 542-3375 during office hours: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday and request an alumni counseling appointment.
Online Job Postings: DAWGlink
All UGA alumni have free lifetime access to DAWGlink — UGA’s online job board. Browse hundreds of positions specifically for UGA students and alumni all over the country. (Tip: Login and click the “Employers” tab for recruiter contacts. For more options, search the “NACElink Network” under the “jobs” tab.)
Not Yet Registered?
Virtual Career Center: CareerBeam
CareerBeam's model is designed to take the best assessments, resume and cover letter development tools, search strategies and research databases and integrate them into one online portal.
- Gives you up to ten assessments that are combined to produce a personalized career profile.
- Provides you access to research 15 million organizations, 20 million industry contacts, in-depth industry profiles, detailed occupational intelligence, and companies in over 70 different countries.
- Has everything you need in one location, available 24/7.
Join the UGA Alumni Association Group on http://www.linkedin.com to view alumni job postings and network with other bulldogs.
Networking is the #1 way to finding your next career, and your UGA connections are over 200,000 strong! The UGA Alumni Online Community allows you to search the directory for alumni by job title or employer name. Find the Alumni Chapter/Club in your area for more ways to get connected.
Resources for Job Seekers