UGA has launched a new Micro-Internship program to provide employers with short-term, project-based help from current students and recent graduates. Micro-Internships make it easier than ever to get support on professional tasks that may not be the best use time for you or your colleagues.
What is a Micro-Internship?
Micro-Internships are short-term, project-based assignments offered by organizations virtually. Projects can take anywhere from one week to a few months to complete and usually range from 5 to 40 hours of work. Projects are designed to be completed year-round and students are usually paid a fixed fee. Micro internships provide a scalable way for employers to engage with talent and students to get hands-on experience.
A micro-internship connects companies to students and alumni by engaging in meaningful work that benefits both the company and the candidate. Micro-internships allow companies to get projects completed while simultaneously sourcing talent for future, full-time opportunities. Employers can experience a candidate’s skills and work ethic to begin building their talent pipeline. Micro-internships can complement existing recruiting efforts by appealing to candidates who might not be able to complete a traditional internship or be ready for a full-time opportunity.
Benefits of Hosting Micro-Internships
- Enhance your pipeline of highly motivated talent
- Provide opportunities to diverse candidates
- Improve hiring effectiveness
- Address resource needs with on-demand support
- Evaluate candidates to ensure mutual fit
- Reduce new hire attrition
- Support students’ experiential learning and career readiness
How to Host Micro-Internships
The University of Georgia connects employers and candidates to micro-internship opportunities through the Parker Dewey* platform. Follow these easy steps to get started:
- Create an account in less than five minutes**
- Post projects for which you are seeking help
- Wait for UGA candidates to apply
- Select the best UGA candidate(s) for the project
*There is no onboarding cost to your company with Parker Dewey
**All projects posted through Parker Dewey are required to be paid