Frequently Asked Questions
The UGA Career Center
Clark Howell Hall is across the street from the Legion Pool parking lot, next to the Tate Student Center Parking Deck.
Watch our ‘Finding the Career Center’ Instagram Reel for a helpful visual.
Career Consultations are offered in three formats based on individual needs. View the Career Center 'Appointments and Drop-In Hours' page for details.
If you are aware that you will be more than 10 minutes late for your scheduled appointment, you should either contact your consultant to inform them or call the UGA Career Center at (706) 542–3375 to cancel and reschedule for a better time.
The Career Center serves all UGA students (undergraduate and graduate) as well as alumni. We pair students with a career consultant based on their major or course of study to provide relevant, industry-specific knowledge and strategies to help students define and reach their professional goals. We also have a team of two career consultants who work specifically with UGA’s exploring students, assisting them with choosing a major or career path. To learn more about our team and to identify your career consultant, view our staff directory.
The career center offers several options to help answer your questions when you cannot find a convenient appointment time or if you have questions between appointments.
- Career Center Drop-In Hours
Drop-In hours are quick and effective, helping you confidently pursue your professional goals, no matter how busy your schedule may be. Drop-In Hours are held Monday-Friday from 11am until 2pm during the Fall and Spring semesters when classes are in session. Visit the Career Center 'Appointments and Drop-In Hours' page for details.
- Online Resources
You can view a comprehensive list on the Career Center 'Online Resources' page.
- Career Development eLC Modules
The Career Center website offers a comprehensive list of the Career Center's job and internship resources.
View the steps to obtaining the Arch Ready Certificate, as well as a list of frequently asked questions about the program, on the Career Center's 'Arch Ready' web page.
View a list of Arch Ready eligible programs on the Career Center's online events calendar.
Print and Copy Services, on the 3rd floor of the Tate Student Center, provides affordable resume printing.
Research the Job and Company
- Do they have a website? How professional is it? Is there a suspicious URL? Do they share legitimate contact information on the site?
- Google the company. What do you see? Take it a step further and google “company name scam” to see if you can find any previously reported scams.
- Check reviews on Glassdoor.com. Search the company name under the “companies” tab. What’s their review rating? What are other candidates saying about this company?
Do Not Pay Money or Provide Confidential Information
- Do not pay money – for anything. Legitimate employers do not charge to hire you.
- Do not fill out tax documents, submit bank information for direct deposit, or share any other confidential personal information BEFORE you sign an employers offer and start your new job.
Is It Too Good to Be True?
- If you find a job posting that lists the pay for two or three times the typical salary, be wary.
- Avoid listings that guarantee you wealth, financial success, or states that they will help you “get rich quick.”
UGA alumni may begin their Handshake registration by completing/submitting our online 'Alumni Handshake Access Request' form.
Answer: Yes! We offer professional photos for UGA undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, faculty, staff and employers. Click the button below to learn more about the Career Center's Professional Photo Booth.