UGA Student Employee of the Year: FAQ
What is National Student Employment Week?
Working students and their employers provide immeasurable contributions to their universities and to their community. The 2nd full week in April was established to honor these students working on campus and their employers.
Why celebrate National Student Employment Week?
It is a special week set aside to draw awareness to the contributions student employees make in the day to day operations of the university.
What is the National Student Employee of the Year Award?
Each spring, the National Student Employment Association coordinates a selection process and chooses the National Student Employee of the Year to recognize the outstanding contributions and achievements of students.
Who is Eligible?
All undergraduate students enrolled at The University of Georgia and are employed on-campus.
Graduate students, including Graduate Administrative, Research or Teaching Assistants are NOT eligible.
What are the eligible terms of employment?
Students must have been employed for a minimum of 6 months part-time between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022 (anticipated).
How many students can I nominate?
Each direct supervisor can nominate one student employee for the individual award or one team (2-10 students) for the team award.
How do I nominate a student?
What criteria will be used for individual SEOTY selection?
Students will be evaluated on the following, equally weighed qualities:
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Oral/Written Communications
- Digital Technology
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
- Career Management
- Global/Intercultural Fluency
When are nominations due?
UGA's campus nominations are to be submitted on-line by February 3rd, 2022 at 11:00pm.
When is The University of Georgia Student Employee of the Year announced?
The University of Georgia Student Employee of the Year and Team Award will be announced on the 2nd full week in April, 2022 at the awards lunch at the Tate Student Center (Grand Hall).
What is the process for selecting a National Student Employee of the Year?
After the University of Georgia selects its campus winner, UGA will submit that student's application to the regional competition by March 1, 2022.
What will student nominees receive?
- Campus: Top 100 nominees will receive a certificate. The campus individual winner will have his/her name engraved on a plaque that is housed in the Career Center.
- Regional: Winners will receive recognition from the Southern Association of Student Employment Administrators (SASEA).
- National: Recognition will be on the regional level this year through the National Student Employment Association.
How can I show appreciation to my student employee during Student Employment Week?
• Provide lunch to your student employee one day.
• Reward them with gift certificates.
• Post their picture on a bulletin board or webpage.
• Make a care package.
• Be creative!
Questions? Please contact the Career Center at (706) 542-3375.