Virtual Work Experience Programs
An innovative way to gain valuable work experience and build your resume!
Forage is an online resource which offers virtual experience programs designed by leading companies. Develop your skills and gain a real understanding of different roles and industries by working through these self-paced modules, with tasks similar to those you would undertake during a traditional internship.
What does it involve?
- You will work through a series of resources and hypothetical tasks that are designed to simulate the sort of work you would undertake as an intern or full-time employee at the organization. It's a unique opportunity for you to try out a career at your own pace and in your own time, from the comfort of your home.
- It takes five to six hours to complete one program and you can complete as many programs as you like. All experiences are completely free of charge for students and alumni from the University of Georgia.
- Video instructions and real-life examples from employees within your chosen organization
- Work that reflects real day-to-day tasks of interns and employees
- Curated resources to help you complete the tasks
What are the benefits:
- Sample what real life work at leading companies would be like
- Try out different types of work and discover which career path is right for you
- Build confidence and gain skills to get you ready for the workplace
- Boost your CV with a company-branded virtual experience program and get a personalized certificate for your LinkedIn profile
How can I take part?
There are no lengthy application processes as programs are free and accessible to all students and alumni. Simply pick your program, create an account on the Forage website and get started right away.