Are You Arch Ready?
At the University of Georgia, The Arch is an important symbol. It represents UGA’s time-honored traditions and stands as the boundary between campus and the professional world. At the UGA Career Center, we want to make sure that every student is ready to succeed once they leave campus. Being “Arch Ready” means being prepared for life after graduation.
At its core, the Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate is designed to develop a strong sense of professionalism in students. In that light, we ask students to respect the following guidelines when attending an Arch Ready event:
- Refrain from using laptops or mobile devices unless specifically guided to do so by the presenter. This is especially important during employer panels.
- Arrive early and stay for the entire presentation or event. Students who leave early will not receive credit for attending.
- Be mindful of your clothing choice. While we understand the casual nature of college attire and want to be inclusive of all students, we ask that you dress in a respectful way. Jeans and a nice shirt are acceptable, but please refrain from arriving in athletic clothing or pajamas.
Note: Check-in for each event will begin promptly 20 minutes before the scheduled start time and will end at the beginning of the event. If a student is late and unable to sign in before the start of a program, he/she will not receive credit toward their certificate for that event.
"What’s in it for me?"
The Arch Ready Certificate program covers a wide range of professional development topics, ranging from resume writing and interviewing to choosing a major and pursuing your dream job.
Aside from enhancing your professional skills, Arch Ready Certificate recipients also receive:
- A formal printed “Arch Ready” certificate
- A UGA lapel pin
Obtaining the Arch Ready Certificate
In order to support the professional development of UGA students, the Career Center offers an “Arch Ready Certificate” program each semester. Obtaining the certificate is easy!
- Attend 5 or more eligible events each semester. Eligible events are listed in the UGA Career Center calendar (at left). Additional presentations may be offered that are related to your college – see the full list of Arch Ready presentations for college specific listings!
- Scan in to each event with your UGA ID Card and pick-up a red Arch Ready card. You may not scan in and receive a card if you arrive after the event has started.
- At the end of each event, you must complete and turn in your Arch Ready card in order to receive credit for attending. You may only submit your card. You cannot turn in a card for a friend.
- Complete a brief assessment after each presentation. You may be instructed to submit an assessment before you leave the presentation, or the survey link may be emailed to you after the event.
* Please note: Assessments will not be distributed for the college specific events (i.e. Terry, FACS, and College of Education).
- After attending 5 or more events, click here to complete the final Arch Ready survey by April 14. A UGA Career Center staff member will verify your attendance and contact you by April 25 to confirm your completion of the program.
- Pick up your Arch Ready Certificate and lapel pin. Certificates and lapel pins will be available for pickup from April 25th-28th at the UGA Career Center. The Career Center is temporarily moving to the Old Bulldog Print and Design Building, 210 River Road, Athens, GA 30602 (adjacent to Performing Arts Parking Deck on east campus).
Ready to Complete the Certificate?
If you have attended 5 or more eligible events, please complete the final Arch Ready survey using the button/link below:
*Please note that this survey is required to receive the certificate. All students must submit their results by November 18th.
Frequently Asked Questions
Each student will be responsible for tracking their progress towards attending presentations and completing the Arch Ready certificate. The Career Center staff will NOT be able to provide you with a summary of presentations you have attended.