Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate Program
Are you Arch Ready?
The Arch represents UGA’s time-honored traditions and the boundary between campus and the professional world. At the UGA Career Center, we want to equip students to succeed in their career development journey of choosing a major, building relationships with employers, applying to graduate school, and much more. Being “Arch Ready” means being prepared for life after graduation.
This semester, we are offering both in-person and virtual Arch Ready Programs, which will be indicated via our event calendar on the Career Center website or through Handshake. All virtual programs will be conducted either through Zoom Webinar or Zoom Meeting, and can be accessed through Handshake, so be sure to log into the Handshake event on the day/time of the program.
The Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate is designed to develop a strong sense of professionalism in students. In that light, we ask students to respect the following guidelines when attending an Arch Ready event:
- Join the workshop on time and stay for the entire presentation or event. Students who show up more than 5 minutes late will not receive credit for attending.
- Be mindful of your professional brand on Zoom. While we understand the casual nature of online learning, we encourage you to display a professional profile picture on your Zoom account or dress in a respectful way should you leave your camera on. For in-person events, consider how you would like to present yourself to a potential new contact (employer or alumni).
- If you are attending an Arch Ready event for class credit, you may take a screenshot of the first or final slide as proof of your attendance.
- For all virtual programs, registration for each event will be required through your Handshake account. You will not receive Arch Ready credit towards the certificate if you do not register for the Arch Ready program via the Handshake event link.
"What’s in it for me?"
The Arch Ready Certificate program covers professional development topics, ranging from resume writing and interviewing to choosing a major and pursuing your dream job. Aside from enhancing your professional skills, Arch Ready Certificate recipients also receive a formal digital “Arch Ready” certificate!
Which Arch Ready Programs are best for you?
Take this short Arch Ready Buzzfeed Quiz to find out which Arch Ready programs will help you the most this semester!
Arch Ready Programs
- You Majored In What? Alumni Panel: Arch Ready Fall 2022 (Virtual)
Online Via Handshake
November 29, 2022
- 5 Tips to Get the Most Out of Winter Break: Arch Ready Express Workshop Fall 2022 (Virtual)
Online Via Handshake
December 1, 2022
Obtaining the Arch Ready Certificate
To support the professional development of UGA students, the Career Center offers an “Arch Ready Certificate” program each semester. Obtaining the certificate is easy!
- Make sure to register for each virtual event via the Handshake event link, or check-in to the in-person event. You will not receive Arch Ready credit towards the certificate if you do not register or check-in for the Arch Ready program. For virtual programs, you must log into Handshake and access the program through Handshake on the day/time of the event.
- Complete a brief survey after each presentation. You must complete the survey within one hour of the event.
- After attending 5 or more events, click the button below to complete the final Arch Ready survey by Sunday, December 4th at midnight. A UGA Career Center staff member will verify your attendance and contact you prior to finals to confirm your completion of the program.
- Receive your Arch Ready Certificate. You will receive an email with your digital Certificate by Wednesday, December 7th.
Frequently Asked Questions
All UGA students are eligible to pursue the Arch Ready certificate program.
There is no official sign-up process. Simply attend 5 or more eligible events, complete the short assessments after each event, and complete the required final survey which is linked on this page.
No. The Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate is a non-credit program intended to enhance your degree through professional development.
Yes! Completion of the certificate indicates you are serious about your professional development.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.
Please track your own attendance throughout the semester. Career consultants may not be able to respond to attendance inquiries in a timely manner.
Please contact the front desk of the UGA Career Center at (706) 542-3375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.