Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate Program
Are you Arch Ready?
The Arch represents UGA’s time-honored traditions and the boundary between campus and the professional world. At the UGA Career Center, we want to equip students to succeed in their career development journey of choosing a major, building relationships with employers, applying to graduate school, and much more. Being “Arch Ready” means being prepared for life after graduation.
This semester, we are offering both in-person and virtual Arch Ready Programs, which will be indicated via our event calendar on the Career Center website or through Handshake. All virtual programs will be conducted either through Zoom Webinar or Zoom Meeting, and can be accessed through Handshake, so be sure to log into the Handshake event on the day/time of the program.
The Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate is designed to develop a strong sense of professionalism in students. In that light, we ask students to respect the following guidelines when attending an Arch Ready event:
- Join the workshop on time and stay for the entire presentation or event. Students who show up more than 5 minutes late will not receive credit for attending.
- Be mindful of your professional brand on Zoom. While we understand the casual nature of online learning, we encourage you to display a professional profile picture on your Zoom account or dress in a respectful way should you leave your camera on. For in-person events, consider how you would like to present yourself to a potential new contact (employer or alumni).
- If you are attending an Arch Ready event for class credit, you will receive a confirmation email after completing each post-event survey. This email can serve as your record of attendance for the program.
- For all virtual programs, registration for each event will be required through your Handshake account. You will not receive Arch Ready credit towards the certificate if you do not register for the Arch Ready program via the Handshake event link.
"What’s in it for me?"
The Arch Ready Certificate program covers professional development topics, ranging from resume writing and interviewing to choosing a major and pursuing your dream job. Aside from enhancing your professional skills, Arch Ready Certificate recipients also receive a formal digital “Arch Ready” certificate!
Which Arch Ready Programs are best for you?
Take this short Arch Ready Buzzfeed Quiz to find out which Arch Ready programs will help you the most this semester!
Need help tracking your attendance?
Download this Arch Ready Program Self-Tracker Fillable Form.
Arch Ready Programs
- Industry Insiders: Careers in Helping Professions - Arch Ready Spring 2023
Online Via Handshake
March 28, 2023
Obtaining the Arch Ready Certificate
To support the professional development of UGA students, the Career Center offers an “Arch Ready Certificate” program each semester. Obtaining the certificate is easy!
- Make sure to register for each virtual event via the Handshake event link, or check-in to the in-person event. You will not receive Arch Ready credit towards the certificate if you do not register or check-in for the Arch Ready program. For virtual programs, you must log into Handshake and access the program through Handshake on the day/time of the event.
- Complete a brief survey after each presentation. You must complete the survey within one hour of the event.
- After attending 5 or more events, click the button below to complete the final Arch Ready survey by Friday, April 28th at midnight. A UGA Career Center staff member will verify your attendance and contact you prior to finals to confirm your completion of the program.
- You will receive an email with your digital Certificate by May 3, 2023.
COMPLETE THE FINAL ARCH READY SURVEY
Frequently Asked Questions
All UGA students are eligible to pursue the Arch Ready certificate program.
There is no official sign-up process. Simply attend 5 or more eligible events, complete the short assessments after each event, and complete the required final survey which is linked on this page.
No. The Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate is a non-credit program intended to enhance your degree through professional development.
Yes! Completion of the certificate indicates you are serious about your professional development.
We cannot make any substitutions for this program due to the large number of participating students. However, there may be additional events that count toward the certificate – visit the Career Center's online "Arch Ready Programs" calendar or contact your Career Consultant to learn more.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.
Please track your own attendance throughout the semester. Career consultants may not be able to respond to attendance inquiries in a timely manner.
Please contact the front desk of the UGA Career Center at (706) 542-3375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quotes from Previous Program Participants
"Great program because it's information we are missing in the classroom."
“I enjoyed learning about a topic that was so important for our current job search.”
“I liked that you brought in a real professional and had her tell us what companies wanted...”
“We walk around thinking we know everything about careers and school, but we actually don't know much. It was nice to get good information and tips regarding my future.”