What Can I Do With a Major In Consumer Journalism ?
UGA Specific Information for Consumer Journalism
The Consumer Journalism major at the University of Georgia is a high-demand major that provides the opportunity to combine interests in family and consumer sciences with advertising, public relations, journalism, entertainment & media studies, and new media. Students have flexibility to take courses in both the College of Family and Consumer Sciences and the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication.
Graduates pursue a variety of careers in media, publishing, and non-profit agencies.
Class of 2020 Career Outcomes for Consumer Journalism *
** Includes Self-Employed
- Connect with Marla Ebert, your Career Consultant - click her to find information on how to schedule an appointment and drop-in hours
- Consumer Journalism Academic Advisor - Ahmaud Templeton
- UGA FHCE Department - Consumer Journalism
CAMPUS STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Student Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the Involvement Network
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET - The O*NET database includes information on skills, abilities, knowledges, work activities, and interests associated with over 900 occupations (Login using your 810/811)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
- Career Insider: Vault Guides - Vault is one of the world’s leading sources of Career Intelligence. It can help make your efforts at researching employers, industries, and career subjects significantly easier and more efficient. Whether you are just exploring possible career paths or you are ready for your interview, Career Insider can help! (Login using your 810/811)
- Candid Career - Whether you are just beginning to explore career options, preparing for a job interview, or looking to change careers, CandidCareer.com can help by providing you with access to thousands of informational video interviews with real professionals through an easy to use website. We can all learn from the experiences of others and the Career Center makes this valuable resource available to UGA students so they may be informed and ready for what lies ahead. (Login using your 810/811)
- UGA Mentor Program- Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. The program connects students to alumni mentors for personal and professional development
- Big Interview - Online practice interview platform. Practice basic interview questions or questions based on your industry interests or competencies! Also provides practice interview questions for graduate/professional schools. Just sign-up using your uga email address!
- Interstride- View jobs/internship in other countries and country career guides
- Handshake - UGA's platform for job/internship postings (Login with your UGA MyID and password)
- LinkedIn - Network with professionals and view job openings
- Interstride - Job/internship openings in countries abroad as well as country career guides providing information about finding employment in other countries.
- Specialized - Check out Idealist for jobs in the Nonprofit sector and USAJobs for opportunities in the federal government.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS - Society of Professional Journalists • American Advertising Federation • American Marketing Association • Public Relations Society of America • Entertainment Professional Associations • The Association of Magazine Media
LINKEDIN - Join LinkedIn groups that are relevant to your career interests. To search, select "groups" & type in your keywords. Review the groups that professionals in your field of interest have joined & consider joining those as well. To login, visit the LinkedIn main page.
Employers/Position Title Reported by Class of 2020 Consumer Journalism majors
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2020 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Atlanta First Agency||Promotional Sales Model||Charlotte Motor Speedway||Communications Intern||Home City Ice||Product Worker||Leasing Professional||Greystar||Mindshare||Associate Media Planner||Novita Communications||Junior Account Executive||RPA||Digital Account Executive||RWDC Industries||Project Lead||UGA Wesley Foundation||First Year Intern||University of Georgia||Center for Continuing Education & Hotel Sales Professional|
Graduate/Professional Schools attended by Class of 2020 Consumer Journalism majors
The information below represents graduate/professional schools and programs reported through the Class of 2020 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|University of Georgia||Law, JD|