What Can I Do With a Major In Dance?
UGA Specific Information for Dance
The study of dance provides students with a broad range of skills applicable to the performing arts and beyond. A dance major develops her/his skills in presenting, ability to perform in public, and control of the body. These skills, in addition to many others, provide a solid basis for working effectively with people. Dancing also helps students learn to concentrate intensely, listen, observe, solve problems creatively, think critically, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and process constructive feedback.
Class of 2019 Career Outcomes for Dance*
** Includes Self-Employed
- Department of Dance
- Dance Performance Opportunities
- CORE Concert Dance Company (Baladance@aol.com)
- Dance Student Travel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Young Choreographers Series (email@example.com)
- To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the UGA Involvement Network
- Connect with your Career Consultant
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
Get involved and build your resume early. Consider internships and volunteer opportunities to demonstrate work ethic and experience through-out your resume. Join student organizations that fit your interests and career goals. Also, consider informational interviews of professionals within your field. Visit the career center website or career guide for more information about informational interviewing including questions to ask and a cold calling script.
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET (click on Find Occupations)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (type in general term for career of interest)
- Career Insider: Vault Guides (Under the “Resources” tab and select “Online Resources”)
- Candid Career (View professionals speaking about their careers under the “Resources” tab and select “Online Resources”)
- LinkedIn Career Insights Tool (search what uga alumni do, what they studied, what they are skilled at, where they live, where they work and what they are skilled at
- UGA Mentor Program - Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. It personalizes the mentoring experience; connecting you with mentors that are just right for your commitment.. There's a better way to network. Visit mentor.uga.edu today and find a mentor who can help you see your future.
- Answers 4 Dancers
- Dance Art
- Dance Europe's Job List
- Professional Auditions and Employment with Dance Companies
- Actor’s Fund
- Alliance of Artist Communities
- American Dance Guild
- American Dance Therapy Association
- Dance Educators of America
- Dance USA
- National Association of Schools of Dance
- Dance Masters of America
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2019 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
GRADUATE/PROFESSIONAL SCHOOLS ATTENDED BY UGA Dance - Bachelor's Degree MAJORS FOR THE CLASS OF 2019**