What Can I Do With a Major In Environmental Resource Science?
UGA Specific Information for Environmental Resource Science
This major is intended to fill the increasing niche of careers in urban agriculture that require students to have:
- A strong foundation in both the basic and applied sciences,
- An understanding of the interconnectedness of the sciences, and
- Practical work experiences in urban environmental and agricultural arenas.
Graduates from the Griffin program will gain practical knowledge and problem-solving skills that will enable them to compete for career opportunities in government, environmental consulting firms, environmental research laboratories, and environmental horticulture production and management positions. This degree program compliments the mission of the Griffin Campus and the curriculum reflects the expertise and strengths of faculty that are in residence. The Griffin Campus is headquarters for the CAES Georgia Center for Urban Agriculture. The focus of Center’s faculty is to bring together the science, education, and policy information that the leaders in industries and governments need for making informed decisions on urban agricultural and environmental issues.
Class of 2022 Career Outcomes for Environmental Resource Science*
** Includes Self-Employed
- Griffin Campus Information
- UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Clubs and Organizations
To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the Center for Student Organizations
Connect with your Career Consultant for guidance and support.
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
Visit the CAES Griffin Campus website for additional information on research and extension programs, campus history, news, events and more!
If you are interested in pursuing a graduate degree, check out our website for assistance with this process
If you are interested in Medical School, check out this site for details about the application process
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET (click on Find Occupations)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (type in general term for career of interest)
- Georgia Career Information Center (accessible only on campus computers)
- Firsthand (Explore a library of guides, articles, and other resources to help you explore careers, plan your job search, and learn about different work environments. Create a free account with your UGA email.)
- Candid Career (Watch recorded informational interviews of professionals in specific careers. Filter videos by career title, college major, industry, and more.)
- The Environmental Careers Organization
- Science Societies Career Center
- ScienceCareers Job Board
- American Water Works Association Career Center
- Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission Career Information
- Air Quality Jobs
- Environmental Career Opportunities
- AgriCareers, Inc.
- Soil Science Society of America
- Soil and Water Conservation Society
- American Water Resources Association
- Crop Science Society of America
- Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Natural Resource Conservation Service
- Soil & Water Conservation Society
- American Institute of Hydrology
- Agriculture Future of America
- Agriculture Online
- Resource Centres on Urban Agriculture and Food Security
- The Food Project-Sustainable Agriculture
Tip: Join LinkedIn groups that are related to your career interest. Need help finding groups? Check out the Groups You May Like link under the Interests/Groups tab. Review the groups that professionals in your field of interest have joined and consider joining them as well.
Employers/Position Title Reported by Class of 2022 Environmental Resource Science majors
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2022 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Lee & Hart Environmental
|The Great Basin Institute
|University of Georgia
Graduate/Professional Schools attended by Class of 2022 Environmental Resource Science majors
The information below represents graduate/professional schools and programs reported through the Class of 2022 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Georgia State University
|Geoscience with a Concentration in Water Sciences, Master's
|University of Colorado Boulder
|Master of Environment, MS
|University of Georgia