What Can I Do With a Major In Housing Management and Policy?
UGA Specific Information for Housing Management and Policy
The Housing Management and Policy major is a flexible degree program that blends social and behavioral sciences, public policy, planning, management and economics. Students can tailor their coursework to several different pathways for ranging from jobs in residential real estate, private and public sector housing data analytics, community development and local and federal housing-related public policy positions.
The major offers several potential career pathways in Residential Property Management, Housing Market Data Analytics, and Community Development.
Class of 2022 Career Outcomes for Housing Management and Policy*
** Includes Self-Employed
Connect with Jessica McLeod-Waddell, your Career Consultant - click here to find information on how to schedule an appointment
Daily Drop-In Hours: (staffed by Career Center graduate assistants and student interns)
In-Person: Mondays – Thursdays, 11 am – 2 pm in Clark Howell Hall (2nd Floor)
Virtual: Fridays, 11 am – 2 pm, career.uga.edu/appointments
- Residential Property Management Emphasis
- National Association of Home Builders at UGA -
- UGA Family and Consumer Science Cooperative Extension
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
- Participate in the Career Center's Intern for a Day program to explore career fields of interest.
- UGA Mentor Program - Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. It personalizes the mentoring experience; connecting you with mentors that are just right for your commitment.. There's a better way to network. Visit mentor.uga.edu today and find a mentor who can help you see your future.
- Utilize Handshake to find internship, part-time job, or volunteer opportunities related to your career fields of interest.
- Conduct informational interviews. Build your network through brief one-on-one conversations with professionals in your career fields of interest. Speak to your Career Consultant to discuss how to set up and prepare for informational interviews.
- Join a student organization related to your interests and goals. Get active and taken on leadership roles in professional, service, social, advocacy, and/or honor organizations to gain valuable experience.
- Look for student-specific and career resources from professional associations affiliated with your career fields of interest.
- Seek research, presentation, and writing opportunities.
- Explore and discuss graduate school options and resources early.
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
O*NET - The O*NET database includes information on skills, abilities, knowledges, work activities, and interests associated with over 900 occupations (Login using your 810/811)
Occupational Outlook Handbook - The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
Firsthand - Company rankings/profiles, industry career guides, and advice articles
Candid Career - Recorded informational interviews of professionals in specific careers
UGA Mentor Program- Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. The program connects students to alumni mentors for personal and professional development
Big Interview - Online practice interview platform. Practice basic interview questions or questions based on your industry interests or competencies! Also provides practice interview questions for graduate/professional schools. Just sign-up using your uga email address!
Interstride - View jobs/internship in other countries and country career guides
Handshake - UGA's platform for job/internship postings (Login with your UGA MyID and password)
LinkedIn - Network with professionals and view job openings
Interstride - Job/internship openings in countries abroad as well as country career guides providing information about finding employment in other countries.
- National Multi-Housing Council
- Real Estate Jobs/Property Management Jobs
Employers/Position Title Reported by Class of 2022 Housing Management and Policy majors
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2022 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Cortland Partners||Talent Development Specialist||Greystar||Leasing Professional||Keller Williams Realty||Realtor||KNK Jumpstart||Associate Sales||Landmark Properties||Resident Services Manager||New Western||Real Estate Investment Agent||RangeWater Real Estate||Marketing Representative||Revere Construction & Roofing||Construction Superintendent||RH Community Builders||Project Coordinator||Riverwoodproperties LLC||Commercial Property Manager||Trimont Real Estate Advisors||Financial Analyst||Trinitas Ventures||Leasing and Marketing Manager||USMC||2nd Lieutenant|
Possible Employers Who May Hire UGA Housing Management and Policy Majors
Beazer Homes USA Inc. | Georgia General Assembly | Global State Investment Group | Landmark Properties Inc. | New Western Acquisitions | Priority Payment Systems | PulteGroup Inc. | Scott Properties of The Midlands, LLC | SG Financial Advisors | Southern Company | United States Army National Guard
Possible Job Titles for UGA Housing Management and Policy Majors
Analyst | Assistant Builder | Financial Planning Associate | Leasing Agent | Operations Manager | Sales Agent | Sales Associate | Sales Trainee | Senate Aide | Support Specialist | Unit Manager
Graduate/Professional Schools attended by Class of 2022 Housing Management and Policy majors
The information below represents graduate/professional schools and programs reported through the Class of 2022 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|University of Georgia||Finan Plan Hous And Cons Econ, Master's||University of Georgia||Financial Planning, MA|