What Can I Do With a Major In Housing Management and Policy?
UGA Specific Information for Housing Management and Policy
The Housing Management and Policy major is a flexible degree program that blends social and behavioral sciences, public policy, planning, management and economics. Students can tailor their coursework to several different pathways for ranging from jobs in residential real estate, private and public sector housing data analytics, community development and local and federal housing-related public policy positions.
The major offers several potential career pathways in Residential Property Management, Housing Market Data Analytics, and Community Development.
Class of 2020 Career Outcomes for Housing Management and Policy*
** Includes Self-Employed
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
- Participate in the Career Center's Intern for a Day program to explore career fields of interest.
- UGA Mentor Program - Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. It personalizes the mentoring experience; connecting you with mentors that are just right for your commitment.. There's a better way to network. Visit mentor.uga.edu today and find a mentor who can help you see your future.
- Utilize Handshake to find internship, part-time job, or volunteer opportunities related to your career fields of interest.
- Conduct informational interviews. Build your network through brief one-on-one conversations with professionals in your career fields of interest. Speak to your Career Consultant to discuss how to set up and prepare for informational interviews.
- Join a student organization related to your interests and goals. Get active and taken on leadership roles in professional, service, social, advocacy, and/or honor organizations to gain valuable experience.
- Look for student-specific and career resources from professional associations affiliated with your career fields of interest.
- Seek research, presentation, and writing opportunities.
- Explore and discuss graduate school options and resources early.
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET (click on Find Occupations)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (type in general term for career of interest)
- Georgia Career Information Center (accessible only on campus computers)
- Career Insider: Vault Guides (Under the “Resources” tab and select “Online Resources”)
- Candid Career (View professionals speaking about their careers under the “Resources” tab and select “Online Resources”
Employers/Position Title Reported by Class of 2020 Housing Management and Policy majors
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2020 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Amazon||Area Manager||Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies||Realtor||Can You Imagine - Apartment Gift Solutions||Resident Retention Specialist||Clarke County School District||High School Teacher||Cortland Partners||Sales and Leasing Agent||Matrix Residential||Marketing Representative||RangeWater Real Estate||Marketing Representative||TowerCom Enterprises||Real Estate Coordinator|
Graduate/Professional Schools attended by Class of 2020 Housing Management and Policy majors
The information below represents graduate/professional schools and programs reported through the Class of 2020 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.