What Can I Do With a Major In Mathematics Education?
UGA Specific Information for Mathematics Education
The Mathematics Education program prepares students to teach mathematics in Grades 6-12. The program is structured to include course work in mathematics and statistics as well as courses related to secondary school mathematics curriculum and instruction. In addition, students spend time in local schools during each semester of the program. Graduates of the program are eligible for initial teacher certification in Georgia. We also partner with the Mathematics Department to offer a dual degree–a BSEd in Mathematics Education and a BS in Mathematics if a student chooses to do so.
Class of 2021 Career Outcomes for Mathematics Education*
** Includes Self-Employed
- Kappa Delta Pi (KDPi)
- Mathematics Education Student Association (MESA)
- Professional Association of Georgia Educators (PAGE)
- To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the UGA Involvement Network
- Connect with your Career Consultant
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
Career Consultant Weekly Satellite Hours: Tuesdays, 2:30-4:30pm, Aderhold Hall 614
Daily Career Center Drop-In Hours: (staffed by Career Center graduate assistants and student interns)
- In-Person: Mondays – Thursdays, 11 am – 2 pm in Clark Howell Hall (2nd Floor)
- Virtual: Fridays, 11 am – 2 pm, career.uga.edu/appointments
Individual Career Consulting Appointments: Schedule online through Handshake or by calling 706-542-3375
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET (click on Find Occupations)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (type in general term for career of interest)
- Georgia Career Information Center (accessible only on campus computers)
- Firsthand (Company rankings/profiles, industry career guides, and advice articles)
- Candid Career (Recorded informational interviews of professionals in specific careers)
- LinkedIn Find Alumni Tool (search what they do, what they studied, what they’re skilled at, where they live and where they work)
- Handshake (login with your UGA MyID and password)
- Interstride (login using your UGA MyID email address)
- Idealist (nonprofit jobs)
- USAJobs (federal jobs)
- American Association of School Administrators
- American Educational Research Association
- American Federation of Teachers
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- National Education Association
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Tip: Join LinkedIn groups that are related to your career interest. Need help finding groups? Check out the Groups You May Like link under the Interests/Groups tab. Review the groups that professionals in your field of interest have joined and consider joining them as well.
Employers/Position Title Reported by Class of 2021 Mathematics Education majors
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2021 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Gwinnett County||Math Teacher||Gwinnett County||Math Teacher||Richmond County||Math Teacher|
Graduate/Professional Schools attended by Class of 2021 Mathematics Education majors
The information below represents graduate/professional schools and programs reported through the Class of 2020 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|University of Georgia||Kinesiology, MS||University of North Georgia||Undeclared, BA|