What Can I Do With a Major In Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-being?
UGA Specific Information for Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-being
Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-Being equips students with the process, skills, and knowledge they require to shine the light and solve the riddle for a variety of wicked, interdisciplinary consumer problems in society. The major is built on the concept of design thinking for consumer well-being. The core courses in the major provide process and skills that can be applied across a wide range of topics. Beyond these five courses, students majoring in Social Entrepreneurship choose from courses across UGA to build expertise in a focus area.
Class of 2022 Career Outcomes for Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-being*
** Includes Self-Employed
Connect with Jessica McLeod-Waddell, your Career Consultant - click here to find information on how to schedule an appointment
Daily Drop-In Hours: (staffed by Career Center graduate assistants and student interns)
In-Person: Mondays – Thursdays, 11 am – 2 pm in Clark Howell Hall (2nd Floor)
Virtual: Fridays, 11 am – 2 pm, career.uga.edu/appointments
- UGA FACS - Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-being
CAMPUS STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Student Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the Involvement Network
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET - The O*NET database includes information on skills, abilities, knowledges, work activities, and interests associated with over 900 occupations (Login using your 810/811)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
Firsthand - Explore a library of guides, articles, and other resources to help you explore careers, plan your job search, and learn about different work environments. Create a free account with your UGA email.
Candid Career - Watch recorded informational interviews of professionals in specific careers. Filter videos by career title, college major, industry, and more.
- UGA Mentor Program- Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. The program connects students to alumni mentors for personal and professional development
- Big Interview - Online practice interview platform. Practice basic interview questions or questions based on your industry interests or competencies! Also provides practice interview questions for graduate/professional schools. Just sign-up using your uga email address!
- Interstride- View jobs/internship in other countries and country career guides
- Handshake - UGA's platform for job/internship postings (Login with your UGA MyID and password)
- LinkedIn - Network with professionals and view job openings
- Interstride - Job/internship openings in countries abroad as well as country career guides providing information about finding employment in other countries.
- Specialized - Check out Idealist for jobs in the Nonprofit sector and USAJobs for opportunities in the federal government.
LINKEDIN - Join LinkedIn groups that are relevant to your career interests. To search, select "groups" & type in your keywords. Review the groups that professionals in your field of interest have joined & consider joining those as well. To login, visit the LinkedIn main page.
Employers/Position Title Reported by Class of 2022 Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-being majors
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2022 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Center for the Visually Impaired||Development Coordinator||Cox Communications||Internal Consultant||Hinge Creative Co.||Lead Copywriter||ISG Partners||Associate Recruiter||J Public Relations||Marketing & Development Post Grad Intern||Mastermind Marketing||Account Coordinator||Tom James Company||Sales Professional||Trade School Agency||Communication Strategist Intern|
Graduate/Professional Schools attended by Class of 2022 Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-being majors
The information below represents graduate/professional schools and programs reported through the Class of 2022 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.