When you are at a crossroad, it can help to talk with an Alumni Career Counselor. Alumni have access to FREE career counseling, and appointments are available Monday-Thursday between 8am-4pm. All appointments will be virtual and can be conducted either via PHONE or SKYPE.
Topics can include: : Resume/Cover Letter Critique, Mock Interview, Career Exploration, Job Search Strategies, Interest/Personality Assessments, Networking, LinkedIn and Social Media Engagement, and additional career-related topics.
If you have graduated within the past two years, you can schedule an appointment in Athens by calling the UGA Career Center at (706) 542-3375.
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING AN APPOINTMENT ARE BELOW.
We are now allowing alumni to book appointments online through Handshake. If you have not yet registered with Handshake, please click here.
Follow these steps when you request an appointment through Handshake:
- Make sure that the class level indicates “alumni” in your account profile.
- Hover over the Career Center tab at the top right side of the page. Then click on Appointments.
- Click Schedule A New Appointment.
- Under “Choose a Category”, click ...
a) Recent Graduates (within 5 years) if you are an alumni who graduated within the last five years
b) Alumni if you are an alumni who graduated more than five years ago.
- Under the "Appointment Type”,
a) For Alumni, choose Alumni-Career Counseling & Coaching
- For the "Appointment Medium", you will notice that appointments are ALL virtual.
You may choose either Atlanta Alumni Center, Phone appointment OR Atlanta Alumni Center, Skype appointment.
- In the "What can we help you with?" box, please include the following information:
a. Phone number
b. Current email
c. Major and class year
d. General notes about your current situation (Example: I am currently in the job search process looking for counseling positions in the metro Atlanta area and would love help in creating better strategies. I have been in the job search for 3 months now and have only had one interview with no offers. I look forward to meeting with you!)
- Complete the mandatory survey so that we can best help with your career needs.
- Once your appointment is approved, you are able to make comments/ask questions in the "comments" box in the appointment window.
Should you have any issues with the system, please contact the UGA Career Center at 706-542-3375.