Have you heard about the UGA Career Center and initially thought, “I wonder what they do there?” Well, let me share some information with you so that you will have a better understanding of what the Career Center is all about. Here are some frequently asked questions from students…
#1 – What are the Career Center services and resources?
The Career Center at UGA is a place where students and alumni can access career related services and resources such as:
- ArchReady Professionalism Certificate
- Career related workshops
- Major & career exploration
- Resume writing
- Cover letter reviews
- Mock interviews
- Graduate school search
- Personal statement writing
- Job/internship search strategies
- Networking opportunities
- Career fairs
- Employer panels
- Career assessments
- And many more!
#2 – When is the best time to begin utilizing the Career Center services and resources?
As soon as you step foot on UGA’s campus! Many students are not aware that they can begin planning for life after college during their college experience. The earlier you begin planning and preparing for your career, the better!
#3 – Who will I be meeting with at the Career Center?
Depending on your area of interest, each UGA Career Consultant focuses on specific colleges and majors. Even if you have not yet chosen a major, we have Consultants who work specifically with exploring students. See the full list of Career Consultants.
#4 – How do I make an appointment with my Career Consultant?
To make an appointment:
- Call the Career Center at (706) 542-3375.
- Give your area of interest/major and you will be put with the corresponding Career Consultant.
- Put the date and time of your appointment on your calendar so that you do not forget.
- Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late for their appointment will have to reschedule, so please be on time.
- If you are sick and/or need to reschedule your appointment, please call the Career Center as soon as you are able.
#5 – Are there other options to meet with a Career Consultant other than making an appointment?
Yes! Every consultant assists in daily walk-in hours, which take place at the Career Center, Monday through Friday, from 12 PM – 2 PM in the computer lab, room 246. Additionally, consultants have specific satellite hours in their respective colleges throughout the week. To find specific satellite hours and locations for each consultant, please refer to the consultant directory.
#6 – Where is the Career Center located?
The Career Center is located in Clark Howell Hall on the second floor. Clark Howell is located at 825 South Lumpkin Street, next to the Tate Parking Deck.
If you have any additional questions about the Career Center services or resources, please call our main number at (706) 542-3375. We look forward to seeing you soon!