What can I do with a major in Mathematics Education?
UGA Specific Information for Mathematics Education
The Mathematics Education program prepares students to teach mathematics in Grades 6-12. The program is structured to include course work in mathematics and statistics as well as courses related to secondary school mathematics curriculum and instruction. In addition, students spend time in local schools during each semester of the program. Graduates of the program are eligible for initial teacher certification in Georgia. We also partner with the Mathematics Department to offer a dual degree–a BSEd in Mathematics Education and a BS in Mathematics if a student chooses to do so.
Class of 2018 Career Outcomes for Mathematics Education*
** Includes Self-Employed
- Department of Mathematics and Sciences
- Kappa Delta Epsilon (KDE)
- Kappa Delta Pi (KDPi)
- Mathematics Education Student Association (MESA)
- Student Professional Association of Georgia Educators (SPAGE)
- To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the Center for Student Organizations.
- Connect with your Career Consultant.
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET (click on Find Occupations)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (type in general term for career of interest)
- Georgia Career Information Center (accessible only on campus computers)
- Career Insider: Vault Guides (Under the “Resources” tab and select “Online Resources”)
- Candid Career (View professionals speaking about their careers under the “Resources” tab and select “Online Resources”)
- LinkedIn Find Alumni Tool (search what they do, what they studied, what they’re skilled at, where they live and where they work)
- Handshake (login with your UGA MyID and password)
- GoinGlobal (To access GoinGlobal, login to your DAWGlink account)
- Idealist (nonprofit jobs)
- USAJobs (federal jobs)
- Georgia Charter Schools Association
- Georgia Department of Education
- Georgia Independent School Association
- Register onto SchoolSpring
- Southern Teachers Agency (private schools)
- Teachers-Teachers jobs
- TeachGeorgia Georgia’s Official Teacher Recruitment Website
- The American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE)
- The International Educator
- American Association of School Administrators
- American Educational Research Association
- American Federation of Teachers
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- National Education Association
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Tip: Join LinkedIn groups that are related to your career interest. Need help finding groups? Check out the Groups You May Like link under the Interests/Groups tab. Review the groups that professionals in your field of interest have joined and consider joining them as well.