WEBINAR: Informational Interviews: The Secret Sauce in your Job Search
Date: January 25, 2019
Time: 12:00 pm until 1:00 pm
Location: Virtual Venue (Online)
Sarah Johnston has worked for over ten years in the recruiting and development field. She has advised hundreds of professionals across industries like medicine, marketing, nonprofit administration, supply chain, sales, construction, and banking in developing resumes and personalized career strategies that stand out in today’s market. Her job search advice has been published in Inc, Moneyish, Reader's Digest, Monster and many online blogs. She is based in Columbus, OH but has clients globally. Sarah is active on Facebook and LinkedIn. You can visit her website www.briefcasecoach.com to learn more.
Webinar: Informational Interviews: The Secret Sauce in your Job Search
- Wanting to break into a new industry?
- Wanting to work for a specific employer?
- Relocating for your spouse's work and need to build a new professional network?
- Tired of applying for jobs online and want a more effective job search strategy?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then I'd like to invite you to participate in a 1-hour webinar on the power of informational interviews. In this session, we will discuss:
1. What an informational interview actually is--and isn't-- and some best practices.
2. How to leverage LinkedIn and your own personal network to land meetings.
3. Specific e-mail language you can use to land a meeting.
4. Meeting preparation and what to say during the meeting.
This method WORKS! Our session may push you out of your comfort zone, but Sarah's clients have great results using theses strategies.
Recommended dress for this event: Casual
For more information, please contact the UGA Career Center at 706-542-3375.
This event is sponsored by the University of Georgia Career Center
*Unless otherwise noted, all University of Georgia Career Center events are for University of Georgia students and University of Georgia alumni only. Some employer information sessions are conducted by invitation only. Before attending an employer information session, please check the event details in Handshake to determine any attendance eligibility requirements.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at (706) 542-3375 prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.