Women of UGA Online Networking: Alumnae and Students Connect
Date: October 24, 2017
Time: 12:30 pm until 2:00 pm
Location: Virtual Venue (Online)
Click here to register: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/uga/e/ayQE8
Join this Women of UGA virtual networking event to gain advice and words of wisdom from women professionals!
Students will get the opportunity to connect with alumnae professionals who live around the world to discuss topics that affect women in the workplace. Alumnae will share experiences, exchange career tips and students can build a global professional network - all online!
It's free, it's only an hour and it's fun!
How it Works:
Online networking enables you to speed-network no matter where you are in the world. You can sign in from your home, office, library, phone or tablet. The chats are text-based and timed, allowing you to make connections, exchange contact information, and end the hour with several new connections you didn't have before. After the chats, add your new contacts to your network by adding them to your LinkedIn networks or following up via email.
The booths are broken down into the following topical areas, although you should feel free to ask any question about managing your career as a woman.
- Standing out in the job search
- Effective communication in the workplace
- Interviewing tips for women
- Balancing personal and work life
- Being a woman in leadership
- Staying involved in the community
FOR STUDENTS: Here are some ideas on how to get the conversation started:
- What did you study at UGA?
- What do you do professionally?
- Why did you decide to participate in this event?
- How did you get into your industry area?
- Can I ask for your advice on ____?
- What's your favorite memory on campus?
- If you could do one thing differently in your career, what would it be?
FOR ALUMNI/PROFESSIONALS: Here are some ideas on how to get the conversation started with students:
- Do you know what type of career you are working towards?
- Do you have an internship lined up for the summer?
- Are you involved in any professional organizations?
- Why did you decide to participate in this event
A transcript of your conversations will be saved for you to access after each event, so you can look back at your chat history, review your notes, gather contact information and follow up.
If you have any questions about this event, please email Bethany Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended dress for this event: Casual
More information: (706) 542-3375
This event is sponsored by the University of Georgia Career Center and Alumni Association
*Unless otherwise noted, all University of Georgia Career Center events are for University of Georgia students and University of Georgia alumni only. Some employer information sessions are conducted by invitation only. Before attending an employer information session, please check the event details in Handshake to determine any attendance eligibility requirements.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at (706) 542-3375 prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.