What Can I Do With a Major In Management?
UGA Specific Information for Management
The Terry College Bachelor of Business Administration in Management provides students an excellent business education designed to advance them into future leadership roles in enterprise as an individual, scholar, and professional. The primary objective of the major is to help candidates develop the global perspective, problem-solving skills, and versatile knowledge base needed to manage and lead the modern organization. Management is a general business major and graduates with this degree work in a variety of industries: banking hospitality, insurance, logistics, retail and transportation to name a few.
Class of 2020 Career Outcomes for Management*
** Includes Self-Employed
- Camille Liverpool, Terry College of Business Career Consultant (Management, Marketing, RMI & Real Estate)
- Amanda Sexton, Undergraduate Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Management Department Website
Clubs & Organizations
- Terry Student Consulting
- UGA Management Society
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Advisory Board
- All Terry Student Clubs + Organizations
To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the Center for Student Organizations.
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
POTENTIAL CAREER PATHS
- Human Resources Specialist - Perform activities in the human resource area. Includes employment specialists who screen, recruit, interview, and place workers.
- Management Analyst - Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.
- Productivity Manager - Plan, direct, or coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services. Manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
- Research Analyst - Analyze product delivery or supply chain processes to identify or recommend changes. May manage route activity including invoicing, electronic bills, and shipment tracing.
- Supply Chain Manager - Direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
- Training and Development Managers - Plan, direct, or coordinate the training and development activities and staff of an organization.
- You do not have to be a management major to be a manager.
- The management major provides you with a base understanding of business and the degree can be used in virtually any industry.
- Conduct informational interviews, shadow or network with employers to identify skills you need to develop before you graduate.
- Participate in on-campus interviews--Graduating in December? Start applying in the spring. Graduating in May? Many employers are already conducting on-campus interviews in September and may or may not post more full-time jobs in the spring depending on the industry. Look for positions early.
- Join LinkedIn groups that are relevant to your career interests. To search, select "groups" & type in your keywords.
- Review the groups that professionals in your field of interest have joined & consider joining those as well.
- To login, visit the LinkedIn main page.
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET - The O*NET database includes information on skills, abilities, knowledges, work activities, and interests associated with over 900 occupations (Login using your 810/811)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
- Career Insider: Vault Guides - Vault is one of the world’s leading sources of Career Intelligence. It can help make your efforts at researching employers, industries, and career subjects significantly easier and more efficient. Whether you are just exploring possible career paths or you are ready for your interview, Career Insider can help! (Login using your 810/811)
- Candid Career - Whether you are just beginning to explore career options, preparing for a job interview, or looking to change careers, CandidCareer.com can help by providing you with access to thousands of informational video interviews with real professionals through an easy to use website. We can all learn from the experiences of others and the Career Center makes this valuable resource available to UGA students so they may be informed and ready for what lies ahead. (Login using your 810/811)
- Interstride - View jobs/internship in other countries and country career guides (Login using your 810/811) and then click Interstride
- Glassdoor - Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. What sets us apart is our "employee generated content" – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more – all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves. Now with nearly 3 million salaries and reviews, you have all the information you might need to make your next career decision.
- Big Interview - Online practice interview platform. Practice basic interview questions or questions based on your industry interests or competencies! Also provides practice interview questions for graduate/professional schools. Just sign-up using your uga email address!
- Terry Connect - Terry's online mentorship platform. By creating an online profile during the active enrollment period (mid-late August) students will be matched with a mentor in their prospective industry for advice on job/internship searches, interview skills, and professional development. Students are also able to engage with alumni and each other on discussion boards and in special interest groups.
- UGA Mentor Program - Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. It personalizes the mentoring experience; connecting you with mentors that are just right for your commitment.. There's a better way to network. Visit mentor.uga.edu today and find a mentor who can help you see your future.
- Handshake (UGA's online internship and job board) *login with your UGA MyID and password
- GoinGlobal (Login using your 810/811) and then click Going Global
- Idealist (nonprofit jobs)
- USAJobs (federal jobs)
- Simply Hired
- LinkedIn Job Board
MAJOR SPECIFIC JOB BOARDS
- SHRM HR Job Board (Human Resource Jobs)
- Project Management Institute (Project Management Jobs)
- Sales Management Association (Sales Management Jobs)
- Headhunter.com (Management and Executive Level Jobs)
- HCareers Hospitality Works (Hotel & Hospitality Jobs)
- APICS Supply Chain Management Job Board (Supply Chain Jobs)
- JobsInLogistics.com (Logistics Jobs)
HIGHER EDUCATION JOBS
- American Management Association
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- Society for Human Resource Management
Employers/Position Title Reported by Class of 2020 Management majors
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2020 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Acella Pharmaceuticals, LLC||Logisitics Coordinator||Acuity Brands||Marketing Leadership Program, Product Leadership Position, Supply Chain Leadership Program||Agility Global Integrated Logistics||Air Import Coordinator||ALDI USA||District Training Manager||Alight Solutions||Workday HR Analyst, Client Specialist||Amazon||Area Manager||American Road Markings||Estimator||Aptean||Product Analyst||Athens Maintence Solutions||Property Director||Auto Marketing Solutions, LLC||Account Manager / Service Sales||Auto-Owners Insurance Company||Claims Representative||BadgePass||Regional Territory Manager||Belk||Rotational Development Program Associate||Calculated Hire||Recruiter||Camden Property Trust||Manager in Development||Capgemini||Consultant, SAP Consultant||Capital Logistics International, LLC||Customs Broker||Carly Anthony Farms||Assistant||Carter's, Inc.||HR and Guest Services Specialist, Supply Chain Analyst, Marketing Coordinator in the Executive Development Program||Chick-fil-A||Director of People, Leadership Development Program Member at Chick-Fil-A W Midtown, Operations Manager||Christian Campus Fellowship||Intern||Cisco Systems||WebEx Cloud Specialist||Citrin Cooperman||Staff Member||CliftonLarsonAllen LLP||Accountant||Coldwell Banker||Agent||Compass||Client Care Specialist||ConvoPanda||Senior Growth Consultant||Coyote Logistics||National Account Manager||Cushman & Wakefield||Associate||Deloitte||Auditor||Delta Air Lines||Flight Attendant||Deposco||Associate Consultant||DSC Logistics||SCIL Management Trainee||Dynamic Money||Client Specialist||Eagle Christian Tours, LLC||Management Trainee||Enterprise||Sales Management Trainee||Enterprise Rent-A-Car||Management Trainee||Ernst & Young||Associate Analyst, Advisory Staff in People Advisory Services, Technology Advisory Consultant||Fiserv||Program Analyst||FTI Consulting||Corporate Finance & Performance Improvement Consultant||Georgia-Pacific||eProcurement Program Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst||Haddow & Company||Associate||IBM||Associate Business Transformation Consultant||Insight Global||Benefits Coordinator||Integrity Fusion Products, Inc.||Inside Sales Specialist||INVISTA||Supply Chain Analyst||J.B. Hunt Transport Services||Operations Management Trainee||Kimberly-Clark||HR Consultant, Global HR Trasnformation||Knowles Transportation Group||Account Manager||Kore||STR Sales Representative||LDR Site Services||Sales Representative||Manhattan Associates||Software Consultant||MMH General Construction||Estimator||Mohawk||Supply Chain Analytics Associate, Supply Chain Associate - ASPIRE||NCR Corporation||Customer Success Manager, Supply Chain IT Analyst||NFL Players Association||Not Specified||Nolan Transportation Group||Account Manager, Freight Auditor, Not Specified||Northwestern Mutual||Not Specified||Oldcastle Infrastructure||Supply Chain Intern||Oracle||Cloud Solutions Engineer||Origami Risk||Risk System Analyst||Partners in Performance||Staffing Coordinator||PDI-Kitchen Bath & Lighting||Corporate Management Trainee||Perdue Farms||Employment Process Administrator||Philips||Recruitment Coordinator||Potra Law Firm||Legal Assistant||Publix||Not Specified||Ranews Companies||Not Specified||Raytheon Technologies||Supplier Manager Co-Op||RemX Specialty Staffing||Staffing Manager||Ruppert Landscape||Field Manager||SEC||Contractor||Select Trees Inc.||Inventory Manager||Seller Labs||Sales Associate||Sherwin Williams||Sales Associate||Siemens||Procurement Leadership Development Program||SiteOne Landscape Supply, LLC||Product Data Specialist||Skystone Acquisition||Salesperson||Soliant||Account Executive||Sompo International||Human Resources Intern||Southern Blue Farms||Peg and Shed Manager||Southern Export Services||Accountant||STORD||Business Development Representative||SunTrust Bank||Consumer Development Rotational Analyst||TEKsystems||Technical Staffing Recruiter||Textron Specialized Vehicles||SDP Tracker Off-Road||The Home Depot||Brand Advocate Specialist, HR Analyst, Logistics Analyst||The Retro Fit Source||Supply Chain Manager||The TJX Companies, Inc.||Distribution Supervisor||Truist Financial||Business Analyst||U.S. Federal Government||Logistics Management Specialist||Uline||Customer Service Representative||Universal Avionics||HR Assistant||University of Georgia||Director of Player Development (Baseball), Human Resources Coordinator||UPS||Analytics Intern||VS Logistics||Assistant Operations Manager||Walt Disney Company||Disney College Program Intern||WarnerMedia||Software Asset Management Intern||WebstaurantStore||Distribution Analyst||Werner Enterprises||Logistics Specialist||West Georgia Resources||Repair Technician||WestRock||Supply Planner||Worklete||Business Development Representative||Yancey Bros. Co.||MIT||Zaxby’s Franchising, LLC||Field Training Specialist|
Graduate/Professional Schools attended by Class of 2020 Management majors
The information below represents graduate/professional schools and programs reported through the Class of 2020 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Emory University||Law, JD||New Mexico State University||Business Administration, Master's||New York University||Construction Management, Master's||Pepperdine University||Law, JD||University of Florida||Sport Management, Master's||University of Georgia||Bachelor of Science - Health Promotion, Bachelor's; Business Administration - Strategic Management, PhD; Business Analytics, Master's; English, Bachelor's; Human Resource Management, Bachelor's; Public Health, Master's|