What Can I Do With a Major In Management?
UGA Specific Information for Management
The Terry College Bachelor of Business Administration in Management provides students an excellent business education designed to advance them into future leadership roles in enterprise as an individual, scholar, and professional. The primary objective of the major is to help candidates develop the global perspective, problem-solving skills, and versatile knowledge base needed to manage and lead the modern organization. Management is a general business major and graduates with this degree work in a variety of industries: banking hospitality, insurance, logistics, retail and transportation to name a few.
Class of 2019 Career Outcomes for Management*
** Includes Self-Employed
- Camille Liverpool, Terry College of Business Career Consultant (Management, Marketing, RMI & Real Estate)
- Amanda Sexton, Undergraduate Advisor: email@example.com
- Management Department Website
Clubs & Organizations
- Terry Student Consulting
- UGA Management Society
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Advisory Board
- All Terry Student Clubs + Organizations
To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the Center for Student Organizations.
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
POTENTIAL CAREER PATHS
- Human Resources Specialist - Perform activities in the human resource area. Includes employment specialists who screen, recruit, interview, and place workers.
- Management Analyst - Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.
- Productivity Manager - Plan, direct, or coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services. Manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
- Research Analyst - Analyze product delivery or supply chain processes to identify or recommend changes. May manage route activity including invoicing, electronic bills, and shipment tracing.
- Supply Chain Manager - Direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
- Training and Development Managers - Plan, direct, or coordinate the training and development activities and staff of an organization.
- You do not have to be a management major to be a manager.
- The management major provides you with a base understanding of business and the degree can be used in virtually any industry.
- Conduct informational interviews, shadow or network with employers to identify skills you need to develop before you graduate.
- Participate in on-campus interviews--Graduating in December? Start applying in the spring. Graduating in May? Many employers are already conducting on-campus interviews in September and may or may not post more full-time jobs in the spring depending on the industry. Look for positions early.
- Join LinkedIn groups that are relevant to your career interests. To search, select "groups" & type in your keywords.
- Review the groups that professionals in your field of interest have joined & consider joining those as well.
- To login, visit the LinkedIn main page.
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET - The O*NET database includes information on skills, abilities, knowledges, work activities, and interests associated with over 900 occupations (Login using your 810/811)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
- Career Insider: Vault Guides - Vault is one of the world’s leading sources of Career Intelligence. It can help make your efforts at researching employers, industries, and career subjects significantly easier and more efficient. Whether you are just exploring possible career paths or you are ready for your interview, Career Insider can help! (Login using your 810/811)
- Candid Career - Whether you are just beginning to explore career options, preparing for a job interview, or looking to change careers, CandidCareer.com can help by providing you with access to thousands of informational video interviews with real professionals through an easy to use website. We can all learn from the experiences of others and the Career Center makes this valuable resource available to UGA students so they may be informed and ready for what lies ahead. (Login using your 810/811)
- Interstride - View jobs/internship in other countries and country career guides (Login using your 810/811) and then click Interstride
- Glassdoor - Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. What sets us apart is our "employee generated content" – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more – all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves. Now with nearly 3 million salaries and reviews, you have all the information you might need to make your next career decision.
- Big Interview - Online practice interview platform. Practice basic interview questions or questions based on your industry interests or competencies! Also provides practice interview questions for graduate/professional schools. Just sign-up using your uga email address!
- Terry Connect - Terry's online mentorship platform. By creating an online profile during the active enrollment period (mid-late August) students will be matched with a mentor in their prospective industry for advice on job/internship searches, interview skills, and professional development. Students are also able to engage with alumni and each other on discussion boards and in special interest groups.
- UGA Mentor Program - Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. It personalizes the mentoring experience; connecting you with mentors that are just right for your commitment.. There's a better way to network. Visit mentor.uga.edu today and find a mentor who can help you see your future.
- Handshake (UGA's online internship and job board) *login with your UGA MyID and password
- GoinGlobal (Login using your 810/811) and then click Going Global
- Idealist (nonprofit jobs)
- USAJobs (federal jobs)
- Simply Hired
- LinkedIn Job Board
MAJOR SPECIFIC JOB BOARDS
- SHRM HR Job Board (Human Resource Jobs)
- Project Management Institute (Project Management Jobs)
- Sales Management Association (Sales Management Jobs)
- Headhunter.com (Management and Executive Level Jobs)
- HCareers Hospitality Works (Hotel & Hospitality Jobs)
- APICS Supply Chain Management Job Board (Supply Chain Jobs)
- JobsInLogistics.com (Logistics Jobs)
HIGHER EDUCATION JOBS
- American Management Association
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- Society for Human Resource Management
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2019 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Accenture||Client Financial Management Analyst||Advocate||Analyst||Aerotek||Construction, Engineering, and Environmental Recruiter||Alight Solutions||Client Specialist, Defined Contribution Client Specialist||Allstate Insurance||Agency Manager||Allwrite Advertising & Publishing||Marketing Research Intern||Amazon||Area Manager||AppVault||Account Executive||Aristocrat Technologies||Sales Cadet||Around For The Moment (AFTM, Band)||Band Manager||Ascend Robotics||Management and Research Intern||AT&T||Senior Sourcing Specialist||Atlanta Pallet Rack||Supply Chain Analyst||Audi||Sales Consultant||Automation Anywhere||Sales Development Representative||Blackbaud||Business Development Representative||Blue Ridge Solutions||Business Development Representative||British Telecom||Business Development Rotational Program||Broad & Main Real Estate Group||Director of Administration||Brown & Brown||Associate Broker||Buckhead Church||Guest Services Coordinator||Cargill||Production Supervisor Trainee||Carter's, Inc.||Merchandise Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst||CBRE||Intern||CCA&B||Global Supply Chain Analysy||Cerner Corporation||Academy Consultant||Chick-fil-A||Director, Not Specified||Colorado Rapids||Inside Sales Representative||Connect Travel||Regional Sales Manager||Convergint Technologies||Project Cost Administrator||Cowan Supply Luxury Plumbing Showroom||Sales Representative||Coyote Logistics||National Account Manager||Cru||Staff||Davis Transfer Company, Inc.||Safety||DHL||Operations Supervisor||Docebo||Learning and Support Specialist||Dynamic Money||Client Specialist||Echo Global Logistics||Sales Trainee||Edward Jones||Financial Advisor||Eight at Eight Dinner Club||Event Coordinator||EIS Transportation||Transportation Analyst||Emory Healthcare||Project Coordinator||Enterprise Rent-A-Car||Management Trainee||First Data||Business Consultant, Data Analyst, Program Analyst||FIS||Financial Analyst||Fiserv||HR Leadership Development Program, Human Resource Business Partner - HR Leadership Development Program, Human Resource Generalist||Flexport||Air Operations Associate||Gates Corporation||HR Rotational Associate||GEICO||Auto Damage Adjuster||Georgia-Pacific||Business Process Analyst, Demand Planner, JumpStart Associate||GO Roofing Atlanta LLC||Associate||Groove||Sales Associate||Hajoca Corporation||Management Trainee Program, Management Training Associate||Hart Roofing||Project Supervisor||HGOR||Business Administrator||IBM||Digital Sales Specialist||ILJIN Alabama||Purchasing Specialist||Infor||Deal Desk Analyst||International Poultry Breeders, LLC||Quality Control Specialist||J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.||Fleet Manager, Operations Supervisor||Justworks||Sales Development Associate||Koki Holdings America LLC||Logistics Analyst||Kondor Chocolates||Chocolate Maker||L.E. Schwartz & Son||Field Supervisor||Lectenz Bio||Office Associate||Liberty Mutual Insurance||Benefits Specialist||LifeLine Animal Project at Fulton County Animal Services||Adoptions Coordinator||Lincoln Property Company Atlanta||Property Administrator||Liquidnet||Recruiting Coordinator||LKQ Corporation||Regional Operations Manager||M&M Headgear||Business Development Coordinator||Madewell Concrete||Operations Manager||Manhattan Associates||Software Consultant||Manning Brothers Food Equipment Co.||Shipping Specialist||Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC||Campus Recruiter||MDSI Inc.||Supply Chain Support||Mingledorff's Inc.||Inventory Buyer||N3||Business Development Representative||Norfolk Southern Corporation||Revenue Account Analyst||Northrop Grumman||Intern||OneTrust||Technical Implementation Consultant||Oracle||Associate Solutions Engineer, Business Development Consultant, Not Specified, Solutions Engineer||Organized Occasions||Event Coordinator||PepsiCo||Sales Associate, Supply Chain Analyst||Piedmont Healthcare||Talent Acquisition Coordinator||Plumbing Distributors Inc.||Corporate Trainee||Power Home Remodeling||Marketer/Sales Trainee||Produce Alliance||Assistant Buyer||RBW Logistics||Operations Supervisor||Saia||Pricing Analyst||Sandy Springs Perimeter Chamber||Event Coordinator/Administrative Assistant||Scenes Marketing Solutions||Content Marketing Manager||SkyWest Airlines||1st Officer Cadet||Slate Creek Farm||Assistant Trainer||South Sinai Group||OTA||Speed Patrol||Product Manager||Stephanie Gaines||Program Director||SunTrust Bank||Corporate Functions Development Analyst, Wholesale Development Program Analyst||SunTrust Robinson Humphrey||Investment Banking Analyst||Synartis||Operations Manager||Synergis||Associate Technical Recruiter||Taqueria Tsunami||Lead Server||Textron||Associate Buyer/Planner, Buyer/Planner, Continuous Improvement Leader||The Home Depot||Logistics Analyst, Lumber Associate, Merchandise Analyst, Merchandising Finance Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst||Tokio Marine HCC Stop Loss Group||Operations Support Lead||U.S. Navy||Naval Officer||U.S.A. Swimming||Athlete Representative||University of Georgia||Conference Host - University||UPS||Associate, Budget Management, Inside Sales Representative||ViZZ||Executive Assistant||Volvo Group||Operations Supervisor||Werner Enterprises||Logistics Manager, Logistics Specialist||WestRock||Supply Planner||Windham Brannon||Tax Associate||Wolseley Industrial Group||Inside Sales Representative||XOJET||Not Specified||Yancey Bros||Strategic Account Manager|
GRADUATE/PROFESSIONAL SCHOOLS ATTENDED BY UGA Management - Bachelor's Degree MAJORS FOR THE CLASS OF 2019**
|Mercer University||Law, JD||Not Specified||Not Specified, Not Specified; Preaching/Pastoral Ministry, Not Specified||Tulane University||Law and Business Administration, JD/MBA||University of Georgia||Journalism and Mass Communication, MA; Social Studies Education, MAT||University of South Carolina||Human Resources, MHR|