What Can I Do With a Major In Management?
UGA Specific Information for Management
The Terry College Bachelor of Business Administration in Management provides students an excellent business education designed to advance them into future leadership roles in enterprise as an individual, scholar, and professional. The primary objective of the major is to help candidates develop the global perspective, problem-solving skills, and versatile knowledge base needed to manage and lead the modern organization. Management is a general business major and graduates with this degree work in a variety of industries: banking hospitality, insurance, logistics, retail and transportation to name a few.
Class of 2021 Career Outcomes for Management*
** Includes Self-Employed
Clubs & Organizations
- Terry Student Consulting
- UGA Management Society
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Advisory Board
- All Terry Student Clubs + Organizations
To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the Center for Student Organizations.
- Free Technical Training - Access LinkedIn Learning
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
POTENTIAL CAREER PATHS
- Human Resources Specialist - Perform activities in the human resource area. Includes employment specialists who screen, recruit, interview, and place workers.
- Management Analyst - Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.
- Productivity Manager - Plan, direct, or coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services. Manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
- Research Analyst - Analyze product delivery or supply chain processes to identify or recommend changes. May manage route activity including invoicing, electronic bills, and shipment tracing.
- Supply Chain Manager - Direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
- Training and Development Managers - Plan, direct, or coordinate the training and development activities and staff of an organization.
- You do not have to be a management major to be a manager.
- The management major provides you with a base understanding of business and the degree can be used in virtually any industry.
- Conduct informational interviews, shadow or network with employers to identify skills you need to develop before you graduate.
- Participate in on-campus interviews--Graduating in December? Start applying in the spring. Graduating in May? Many employers are already conducting on-campus interviews in September and may or may not post more full-time jobs in the spring depending on the industry. Look for positions early.
- Join LinkedIn groups that are relevant to your career interests. To search, select "groups" & type in your keywords.
- Review the groups that professionals in your field of interest have joined & consider joining those as well.
- To login, visit the LinkedIn main page.
Supplemental Career Research Dashboard
Additional Career Research Resources
- O*NET - The O*NET database includes information on skills, abilities, knowledges, work activities, and interests associated with over 900 occupations (Login using your 810/811)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
- Career Insider: Vault Guides - Vault is one of the world’s leading sources of Career Intelligence. It can help make your efforts at researching employers, industries, and career subjects significantly easier and more efficient. Whether you are just exploring possible career paths or you are ready for your interview, Career Insider can help! (Login using your 810/811)
- Candid Career - Whether you are just beginning to explore career options, preparing for a job interview, or looking to change careers, CandidCareer.com can help by providing you with access to thousands of informational video interviews with real professionals through an easy to use website. We can all learn from the experiences of others and the Career Center makes this valuable resource available to UGA students so they may be informed and ready for what lies ahead. (Login using your 810/811)
- Interstride - View jobs/internship in other countries and country career guides (Login using your 810/811) and then click Interstride
- Glassdoor - Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. What sets us apart is our "employee generated content" – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more – all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves. Now with nearly 3 million salaries and reviews, you have all the information you might need to make your next career decision.
- Big Interview - Online practice interview platform. Practice basic interview questions or questions based on your industry interests or competencies! Also provides practice interview questions for graduate/professional schools. Just sign-up using your uga email address!
- Terry Connect - Terry's online mentorship platform. By creating an online profile during the active enrollment period (mid-late August) students will be matched with a mentor in their prospective industry for advice on job/internship searches, interview skills, and professional development. Students are also able to engage with alumni and each other on discussion boards and in special interest groups.
- UGA Mentor Program - Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. It personalizes the mentoring experience; connecting you with mentors that are just right for your commitment.. There's a better way to network. Visit mentor.uga.edu today and find a mentor who can help you see your future.
- Handshake (UGA's online internship and job board) *login with your UGA MyID and password
- Idealist (nonprofit jobs)
- USAJobs (federal jobs)
- Simply Hired
- LinkedIn Job Board
MAJOR SPECIFIC JOB BOARDS
- SHRM HR Job Board (Human Resource Jobs)
- Project Management Institute (Project Management Jobs)
- Sales Management Association (Sales Management Jobs)
- Headhunter.com (Management and Executive Level Jobs)
- HCareers Hospitality Works (Hotel & Hospitality Jobs)
- APICS Supply Chain Management Job Board (Supply Chain Jobs)
- JobsInLogistics.com (Logistics Jobs)
HIGHER EDUCATION JOBS
- American Management Association
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- Society for Human Resource Management
Employers/Position Title Reported by Class of 2020 Management majors
The information below represents employers and position titles from the Class of 2020 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|A1 Kitchen and Bath||Manager||Accurus Aerospace, LLC||Program Coordinator||ACK LLC.||Intern||Adobe||Associate||AFC Urgent Care||Receptionist and Managerial Assistant||ALDI USA||District Manager||Alight Solutions||Client Specialist||Amazon.com, Inc.||Area Manager||Amazon.com, Inc.||Retail Vendor Manager||Amazon.com, Inc.||Area Manager||American Airlines||Financial Analyst||Anheuser-Busch||Supply Chain Trainee||AT&T, Inc.||Corporate Real Estate Portfolio Manager||Atlanta Contemporary||Visitor Services Associate||Automotion Customs||Vice President||Barbour Orthopedics||Junior Account Manager||Beam Software||Software Salesman||Bennett Thrasher||Audit and Assurance Staff||Black Tie Ski Rentals, LLC||Ski Technician||BlackRock||Analyst||Bridges Consumer Healthcare||Supply Chain Analyst||C.L. Services, Inc.||Logistics Coordinator||Capgemini||Consultant||Cardinal Digital Marketing||Talent Acquisition Specialist||Cardinal Digital Marketing||Analytics Associate||Carrier Transicold Truck Trailer Refrigeration||Buyer||Carter’s Inc.||Digital Project Coordinator||Carter’s Inc.||Digital Project Coordinator||Caterpillar Inc.||Supply Planning Analyst||Caterpillar Inc.||APQP Support||CEMEX||Talent Development Professional||Central Garden & Pet||S & OP Analyst||Chick-fil-A||Leadership Development Program Team Member||City Electric Supply||Operations Manager||Collectible Motorcar of Atlanta||Managing Partner||Custom Pallets, Inc & Timeless Event Rentals||Office Assistant/Secretary||CVS||Store Manager||Deloitte||Business Analyst||Dragonfly Aviation||Flight Instructor||Element Funding||Mortgage Loan Officer||Enspire||Technical Recruiter||EnviroVac, The Clean Company||Human Resources Generalist||Ernst &Young||Supply Chain and Operations Consultant||Ernst &Young||Regulatory Compliance Associate Analyst||Ernst and Young||Technology Consultant||Fiserv, Inc.||Corporate Financial Analyst||Fisher Investments||Investment Associate||Fisher Investments||Investment Associate||FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students)||Missonary||FOUR40 Partners||Consulting Analyst||Georgia-Pacific||Demand Planer||Georgia-Pacific||Customer Accounts Manager||Gibbs Capital, LLC||Associate||Global Social Media Marketing||You Tube Director||Godfrey's Feed||Sales and Commodity Training Manager||Gold's Gym||TitleLead Sales Consultant||Goldman Sachs||Wealth Management Professional||HD Supply||Logistics Analyst||IBM||Digital Sales Specialist||Infor||Software Implementation Consultant||ISG Partners||Associate Recruiter||JLL||Property Associate||JPMorgan Chase & Co.||Commercial Banking Analyst||JW Business Acquisition||Management Trainee Associate||Kaplan Legal Services||Legal Assistant||KPMG||Advisory Associate||Lad Truck Lines Inc.||Logistics Manager||Lockheed Martin Corporation||Subcontract Administrator Associate||LocumTenens.com||Account Representative||London Stock Exchange Group||Index Analyst||Maersk||Customer Experience Partner||Make Wake Artists||Management Coordinator||Manhattan Associates||Software Implementation Consultant||Mannington Commercial||Customer Service Representative||Mark Spain Real Estate||Real Estate Agent||Mark Spain Real Estate||Real Estate Agent||Mark Spain Real Estate||Real Estate Agent||Mark Spain Real Estate||Real Estate Agent||Meet||Recruiter||Microsoft||Recruiter||NCR Corporation||Global Sales Analyst||NCR Corporation||Project Manger||NCR Corporation||Business Operations Consultant||Nike||HR Specialist||Northwestern Mutual||Advisor||OneTrust||Implementation Consultant||Oracle||Business Development Consultant||OTR Capital||Business Development Representative||Peachtree Hotel Group||Administrative Assistant||Pratt Industries||Inventory Analyst||Procter & Gamble||Human Resources Manager||QModo Al, Inc.||Customer Success Analyst||RaceTrac||Procurement Analyst||RSM US LLP||Technology Consultant||Saks Off Fifth||Merchandise Assistant||Satisfied Food Co.||Logistics Manager||Sikich||Associate Consultant||Social Evolution Films||Executive Producer||Studio71, LP||Talent Manager||Swat Ministries||Director of Operations||Synovus||Accelerated Banker||The Helm Training||Operations Manager||The Home Depot||Supply Chain Analyst||The Home Depot||Supply Chain Analyst||The Home Depot||Supply Chain Analyst||The Home Depot||Operations Analyst||The Home Depot||Logistics Analyst||The Home Depot||Human Resources Analyst||The Home Depot||Supply Chain Analyst||The Home Depot||Inventory Planning Analyst||The Home Depot||Space Planning Analyst||The TJX Company Inc.||Operations Supervisor||Total Quality Logistics||Sales Executive||United Parcel Service||Campus Recruiting and I&D Specialist||United States Air Force||Second Lieutenant||University of Georgia||Human Resources Specialist||Veritiv Corporation||Talent Acquisition Sourcer||Veritiv Corporation||Talent Acquisition Intern||Warner Music Group||Licensing Administrator||WND||Manager|
Graduate/Professional Schools attended by Class of 2020 Management majors
The information below represents graduate/professional schools and programs reported through the Class of 2020 Career Outcomes Survey. To view historical Career Outcomes for this major, click here and select "Historical Data" from the navigation menu.
|Augusta University||Medicine, MD||College of William and Mary||Law, JD||Dallas Theological Seminary||Christian Leadership, Master's||Georgia State University||Sport Administration, MS||Georgia State University||Law, JD||Louisiana State University in Shreveport||Health Administration, MPH||University of Georgia||Health Administration, MPH||University of Georgia||Applied Cognition and Development, MEd||University of Georgia||Public Health, MPH||University of Georgia||Business Analytics, MSBA|