What can I do with a major in Cognitive Science?
UGA Specific Information for Cognitive Science
Cognitive science is an emerging new science of mind and intelligent processes involving humans, animals, computers, and the abstract. The field spans a wide variety of standard disciplines including psychology, computer science, anthropology, linguistics, biology, and education. Cognitive science is expected to play a large role in the development of the technologies, training, and intervention programs of the twenty-first century. The curriculum of this interdisciplinary major includes courses in artificial intelligence, psychological foundations, language and cultural foundations, and philosophical foundations.
Employers Hiring UGA Cognitive Science for the Class of 2016*
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC | Keller Williams Realty, Inc. | Lift It: Moving and Storage | Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes | SKAPS Industries | Systematrix Solutions
Job Titles of UGA Cognitive Science Majors for the Class of 2016*
Account Executive | Clinician | Data Analyst | Data Scientist | Realtor | Utility Mover
Graduate/Professional Schools Attended by UGA Cognitive Science Majors for the Class of 2016*
Georgia State University-Perimeter College | The University of Georgia | The University of West Georgia
UGA Cognitive Science Career Outcomes for the Class of 2016*
** Includes Self-Employed
- Cognitive Science Department Website
- Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Classic Hackers UGA Linux Users' Group
- Psi Chi the National Honor Society in Psychology
- Society for Management Information Systems
- Undergraduate Neuroscience Organization (UNO)
- Free Technical Training- Access Skillsoft and Lynda through http://www.my.uga.edu
- Certificate in Computing
- To find additional clubs and organizations, go to the Center for Student Organizations
- Connect with your Career Consultant
Additional UGA Career Center Recommendations/Considerations
Consider volunteering in a research lab on or off campus if you are interested in attending graduate school.
Get involved in the Cognitive Science group on LinkedIn to learn about current issues in the field.