Career Events & Arch Ready Programs
2021 Virtual UGA Diversity & Inclusion Career Conference
Date: February 25, 2021
Time: 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm
Location: Virtual Venue (Online)
Handshake registration is required to attend this virtual event. Student registration will begin on January 19, 2021.
Come to the 2021 Virtual UGA Diversity & Inclusion Career Conference to learn about organizations who value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This year’s conference will allow students to learn about recruiting trends and to virtually connect with employers during the networking hour, using the Handshake platform.
Additional benefits include:
- Keynote: Hear from a thought leader in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space to gain insights and inspiration!
- Attend breakout sessions to hear from alumni and employers on how to thrive in the world of work.
- Connect with employer representatives through the one-hour networking portion, through Handshake’s platform.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- If you are interested in learning more about the commitment companies have for diversity & inclusion.
- If you are interested in understanding how to market your diverse skill sets in the job and internship search.
- If your goal is to have a part-time job or internship while you are in college and a full-time job after college.
- This conference is open to all UGA students regardless of class year and alumni. All majors are welcome.
The dress is business professional/casual for this event.
4:30-5:15 Diversity & Inclusion Alumni Panel: From UGA to the Workplace
Getting ahead in life, school or your career can be difficult especially with all of our identities. Learn from the stories, experiences, and advice of a diverse group of alumni mentors on how to address and acknowledge diversity and inclusion from UGA to the workplace!
5:30-6:15 Diversity & Inclusion Employer Panel
In this session, students will hear from a diverse group of employers to learn how to navigate the job and internship search showcasing their diverse identities and skill sets. Students will also gain strategies that will aid them in gauging a company’s commitment to diversity.
6:30-7:00 Keynote: “Your Identity, Your Career: Understanding Identity and Inclusion Branding”
7-8pm Networking Hour, via Handshake Platform
Your Role: Make sure to register for the event on Handshake and sign up for group or one-on-one sessions to connect with employers!
You can use this time to tell the employers about your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as share any experiences and skills that closely align to their open positions. Feel free to also seek general career advice from employers about your job or internship search.
Note: Should you attempt to schedule for a group appointment or 1:1 and there are no sessions available with the desired employer, this could be due to the employer not yet setting up schedules. Please check back at a later date.
Please note that employers will be able to access your resume from your Handshake account during the Networking Hour. Be sure to have your resume critiqued by the Career Center. Here are a few ways to have your resume critiqued:
- Career Center Virtual Drop-In Hours, Monday-Friday, 11AM-2PM; Click on link to enter: http://bit.ly/UGACC_DROPINS
- Appointment – To schedule an appointment with your career center consultant, log onto Handshake or call the Career Center reception desk at 706-542-3375.
Recommended dress for this event: Business ProfessionalMore information:
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Toria Carter, email@example.com.
This event is sponsored by University of Georgia Career Center
*Unless otherwise noted, all University of Georgia Career Center events are for University of Georgia students and University of Georgia alumni only. Some employer information sessions are conducted by invitation only. Before attending an employer information session, please check the event details in Handshake to determine any attendance eligibility requirements.The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.