Career Events & Arch Ready Programs
UGA VIRTUAL Mary Frances Early College of Education Career Fair
Date: March 18, 2021
Time: 11:30 am until 2:30 pm
Location: Virtual Venue (Online)- Handshake
Network virtually with representatives from K-12 schools and educational organizations from all over Georgia and across the country!
- Upload your resume to Handshake
- Dress in business professional attire
- Schedule one-on-one and group appointments with principals and school personnel Student sign-up registration begins February 1 (set a calendar reminder)
- With a SMILE!
** For a 4-minute video on how to register and sign up for sessions, watch the Handshake video here.
Why should YOU attend? Read Employer Feedback:
“You might hit it off with the interviewer and when a position opens up, they remember the ones they liked during the short time they visited with you. I have hired 4 -5 people from the UGA Teacher Job Fair and most of them were after the day.”
- Principal, St. Pius X Catholic High School
“Recruitment days are always a good idea...it is an opportunity to meet recruiters/school districts and when looking for a specific area we always retunr to our resumes from career fairs.”
- Assistant Director of HR, Columbia County School District
Questions? Contact Toni Latham, College of Education Career Consultant by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by office phone at (706) 542-3375.
Recommended dress for this event: Business ProfessionalMore information:
To register for the UGA VIRTUAL Mary Frances Early College of Education Career Fair:
- Log in to your Handshake account, click on Events, and select the “virtual” and “career fairs” filters.
- Register for the fair. Your registration is required to sign up for group sessions (30 minutes) and 1:1 sessions (10 minutes) with employers.
- Set your Handshake account privacy settings to “COMMUNITY” to sign up for group and 1:1 sessions with employers. You can do this by clicking on your photo or initials in the top right corner of Handshake and selecting “Settings & Privacy”.
Create your schedule to connect with employers:
- Once registered, check out “Available sessions” for employers attending the fair.
- Should you notice a large number of "Employer has no sessions available.", please check back to review available sessions since employers may still be in the process of posting their group and 1:1 sessions to Handshake.
- To narrow your search, click on “All filters”.
Strategy: Consider finding those employers of most interest to you first to schedule 1:1 sessions (1:1 sessions last 10 minutes).
FYI: You may sign up for group sessions or 1:1 sessions with employers up to one minute before the session on the day of the fair, but we encourage you to plan ahead to ensure that there are open slots
This event is sponsored by the University of Georgia Career Center
*Unless otherwise noted, all University of Georgia Career Center events are for University of Georgia students and University of Georgia alumni only. Some employer information sessions are conducted by invitation only. Before attending an employer information session, please check the event details in Handshake to determine any attendance eligibility requirements.The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.