One way to learn about yourself is to complete career tests, which are also called assessments.
The Career Center has a number of assessments that can aid you in choosing your major, planning your course of study, and determining your career path. They can help you:
- Assess your interests, personality, values, and skills
- Demonstrate links between majors and careers
- Explore and analyze occupational paths
- Create a career plan
While these inventories indicate how your answers relate to possible majors and career choices, they are not the final answer. Assessments won’t tell you what you should “be” or what you should “do.” They are simply tools to help you clarify your thinking and identify options.
Once you complete an assessment, we recommend you make an appointment with your Career Consultant to make the best use of the information, and for more information on interpreting your test results.
To obtain the passwords to take these tests, please call the Career Center at (706) 542-3375.
- TypeFocus: Take multiple career assessments, including personality, interests, values and skills, using this resource. (Password required)
- O*NET Interest Profiler: The O*NET Interest Profiler can help you find out what your interests are and how they relate to the world of work.
- Strong Interest Inventory: This test is available online for a nominal fee of $30. To pay by cash or credit card (Visa, MC, or American Express), come to the Career Center reception desk or call (706) 542-3375. To obtain your Strong Interest Inventory results, you must schedule a one-on-one meeting with your Career Consultant.
Once you have completed assessments, use O*NET Online to learn about careers.