Prezi is a cloud-based presentation software and storytelling tool for exploring and sharing ideas on a virtual canvas. Prezi is primarily distinguished by its ability to enable users to zoom in and out of their presentation media and provide nonlinear presentation options. A Prezume is a presentation of an individual (resume and portfolio info) in a visual and interactive format using the presentation editor called Prezi.
• Prezi features an unconventional tool palette which may appeal to both users and viewers with different learning styles.
• Prezi’s “pan and zoom” navigation gives it a more cinematic feel than two-dimensional presentation software.
• Prezi is web-based, uses a map layout format, and it lets you easily size, rotate, or edit an object.
• The Prezume’s “Prezi canvas” is an open space upon which the user places and navigates between text, images, videos, and other presentation media which can greatly enhance a traditional resume.
• A Prezume may be helpful for any major or profession for which there is an appreciation of creativity.
• There is great advice about Prezumes from “Ask the Recruiter” (scroll down page for 8 tips): http://freedomforumdiversity.org/ask-the-recruiter/2011/08/03/prezi-makes-resumes-interactive-but-content-is-still-king/
• Keep in mind that those employers who may like Prezumes may still also want a traditional one.
• There is no profession as a whole that requires Prezi or Prezumes but some specific job descriptions may mention a preference for experience with Prezi.
More Suggested Sites: