Finding a Part-time Job and Internship
Where are the jobs on-campus?
- Dining Services: 900-1000 jobs
- Housing: 400 jobs
- Recreational Sports - Ramsey Activity Center: 400 jobs
- Library: 200 jobs
JOBS ON-CAMPUS CAN BE APPLIED TO ON 2 SITES:
- Handshake at career.uga.edu (Including Federal Work Study jobs)
- UGA Human Resources at https://www.ugajobsearch.com/
Did you know?
40-50% of students rely on networking with friends and family to secure part-time employment?
Tips for securing on-campus employment
TIP #1 - CREATE AN EXCELLENT RESUME:
- Have your resume reviewed reviewed by the Career Center. An excellent resume often leads to an interview. You may make an appointment with your Career Consultant through your Handshake account or by calling the Career Center at (706) 542-3375.
- Click here to view sample resumes.
TIP #2 - ATTEND OUR 2 LOCAL JOB FAIRS:
- UGA VIRTUAL Part-Time Job and Internship Fair in August and usually within the first week of classes.
- Summer Job and Internship Fair in March and includes local jobs and internships, and summer employment throughout the region including summer camps.
TIP #3 - TAKE THAT EXTRA STEP:
- If you apply on Handshake take the extra step and call the hiring manager for the position. Even though you apply on Handshake, send a follow up e-mail to the hiring manager along with a cover letter stating you applied through Handshake but wanted to also send your resume via e-mail to make sure the hiring manager received it.
- Express enthusiasm when applying both on the phone and through e-mail and why you would like to work for them.
- Do your homework and have an understanding of the department you want to work for.
- Dress professionally.