Finding a Part-time Job and Internship
Where are the jobs on-campus?
- Dining Services: 900-1000 jobs
- Housing: 400 jobs
- Recreational Sports - Ramsey Activity Center: 400 jobs
- Library: 200 jobs
JOBS ON-CAMPUS CAN BE APPLIED TO ON 2 SITES:
- Handshake at career.uga.edu (Including Federal Work Study jobs)
- UGA Human Resources at https://www.ugajobsearch.com/
Did you know?
40-50% of students rely on networking with friends and family to secure part-time employment?
Tips for securing on-campus employment
TIP #1 - CREATE AN EXCELLENT RESUME:
- Have your resume reviewed reviewed by the Career Center. An excellent resume often leads to an interview. Call us at (706) 542-3375 to schedule an appointment.
- Click here to view sample resumes.
TIP #2 - ATTEND OUR 2 LOCAL JOB FAIRS:
- UGA VIRTUAL Part-Time Job and Internship Fair in August and usually within the first week of classes.
- Summer Job and Internship Fair in March and includes local jobs and internships, and summer employment throughout the region including summer camps.
TIP #3 - TAKE THAT EXTRA STEP:
- If you apply on Handshake take the extra step and call the hiring manager for the position. Even though you apply on Handshake, send a follow up e-mail to the hiring manager along with a cover letter stating you applied through Handshake but wanted to also send your resume via e-mail to make sure the hiring manager received it.
- Express enthusiasm when applying both on the phone and through e-mail and why you would like to work for them.
- Do your homework and have an understanding of the department you want to work for.
- Dress professionally.